I received a coupon awarding me 20% additional on my next sale of an item to Gazelle. I have had transactions with them in the past, and they went well. Not so on this one! The item was a new iPad that Apple provided me when my other iPad developed problems under the Applecare warranty. I filled in the offer information along with rating the iPad as flawless...it was still in the original packaging!

Gazelle confirmed receipt of the item by email, and within a couple of hours, I received another email notification from them saying that they had "found some conditions that affected the value of your item." The email went on to say that they "...found some scratches that are more significant than expected". Now remember, this was a brand new iPad still in the packaging...it had never even been turned on except by the Apple Store technician.

Amazingly enough, Gazelle was devaluing the payment by almost exactly 20%! Wow! That was the same amount that they had told me I would receive as a bonus for being a "valued customer."

I contacted Gazelle immediately through their Chat Line and was told that there was an error in the inspection system, but since I had decided not to take their offer, the item was being returned to me. I was told that there was no way that they could stop that process.

I immediately contacted their customer service through email and told my story. This time their customer service department said that there was no error on their part and that my item was accurately inspected. I was told that I could resubmit the item through their system and start the entire process over again.

Two things seem to be going on there: 1) to me this smells of a sort of bait & switch using the "additional 20% for your next item sold to Gazelle; and, 2) they are attempting to cover up an internal error by saying that no matter what I was told earlier, it wasn't an error on their part.

Needless to say, I will not be using them again in the future.

This person wrote the review because of poor customer service at Gazelle. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Gazelle to read this review and look into the issue (if any).

The most disappointing in user's experience was bait-and-switch. The author asks this business to immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Gazelle ipad air traid in for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Comments