1.1
Additional Fees
Privacy and Data Security
Turnaround Time

I was in the market to buy a macbook but didnt want to spend the hefty price tag that comes along with it. So i browsed around many sites and came to gazelle.

The macbooks i saw were in my price range and they also offered affirm a way of getting the product with a loan that you can pay off over time. So the first go round i purchased the macbook of my liking and was approved for a loan through affirm and i chose expedited shipping. 1-3 days went by with no follow up with order and no product! i contacted gazelle through email 2 times with no response!

apparently they have that option to email them but they never respond back to them: further inspecting them after this fiasco. So then i give gazelle a call and was on hold for a gracious 10 minutes before i spoke to anyone. I finally speak to representative to be told that my order never shipped because it got "hung up in a loop" so then my order was cancelled and i was told to go back on the website and they would give me the same price for another model i see in the same category. So i went back to the gazelle website and found another macbook i liked.

I didnt bother calling gazelle back to get the price matched because it was around the same price as the other macbook i previously had looked at and purchased that "go hung up in the loop." I once again chose the expedited delivery method. I am a college student so i need the laptop fast. ONCE AGAIN time went on this time 4 days with no email stating product shipped and no product. So i called gazelle to be told that the macbook supply for what i ordered was now backordered.

WHAT?!? I immediately tell them to cancel my order. On this second order i used affirm as well also. I contacted affirm to let them know the situation and that i canceled my order.

I was told that gazelle has to cancel the order on their end to cancel the loan. OK great.. I thought! So two weeks go by and i see that my loan with affirm is still very much active and not closed.

I contacted affirm and was told that gazelle did not cancel the order on their end. Of course they didnt! So they can have a product never sent to me and the money for it as well. So ONCE AGAIN i contacted gazelle and was on hold this time for 20 minutes!

Ridiculous.. i finally get in contact with someone to be told yeah we see the order was canceled but we didnt cancel it with affirm.. "oops sorry" her reply.. i am then transferred to a "senior representative" who confirmed what the other lady said and she said she has to email her boss to have it completely canceled!!

FINALLY a few day ago affirm received the confirmation of the canceled product.

I will NEVER EVER DO BUSINESS WITH THIS PLACE EVER AGAIN.. STAY AWAY

I didn't like: Total bait and switch scam, Would not deliver the product i purchased, Bait-and-switch, Bait and switch total scam tactic.

Comments