Gazelle, CA, USA
2.6
Additional Fees
Privacy and Data Security
Turnaround Time

On 28 May I have ordered an iPhone from Gazelle. I called them immediately after ordering to cancel it before it was shipped, because of the bad reviews on them I found on-line.

The manager I spoke too told me that this order had never been processed because my IP address was outside the US, so there was no order to cancel, so I did not need to worry. However, I was charged the full amount through PayPal. On the same day, 28 May, I opened a dispute and contacted the seller through PayPayl, and they never responded to my message. On 31 May I received a message from Gazelle that my order had been shipped.

I called Gazelle again and they told me they would inform FedEx not to deliver the order to me and that they would refund me, but before they refund me I needed to close the case with PayPal. I told them that I needed a transcript of our phone conversation to be sent to my e-mail so that I had something in writing about refunding me. The manager promised to send this by email, which he never did. On 1 June I called Gazelle again.

I spoke to the same manager who talked to me on 28 May. He told me that my order should have never been processed in the first place and promised a full refund if I close the dispute with PayPal. I told him that I would not close the dispute until and unless they refund me. He promised to refund me as soon as FedEx delivers the phone back to them.

I asked him to email me the transcript of our telephone conversation, which he never did. On 7 June the order was delivered back to Gazelle. However, they did not refund me until 19 June when I wrote them that I would bring a lawsuit against them.

If you consider buying anything from them please read their disclaimer which says in capitals: "THE WEBSITE AND MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED BY GAZELLE ON AN "AS IS" BASIS AND AS AVAILABLE, WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, GAZELLE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, ACCURACY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT AND THE IMPLIED CONDITIONS OF SATISFACTORY QUALITY AND ACCEPTANCE AS WELL AS ANY LOCAL JURISDICTIONAL ANALOGUES TO THE ABOVE AND OTHER IMPLIED OR STATUTORY WARRANTIES.

WE MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS THAT THE WEBSITE OR MATERIALS WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS AND WE DO NOT GUARANTEE THAT ANY CONTENT, INFORMATION, SOFTWARE OR OTHER MATERIAL ACCESSIBLE THROUGH THE WEBSITE WILL BE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS."

This means that they can sell you a non-functional device for $$$ and are not liable for this beyond the return window, but return is subject to restocking fee. Neither are they liable if their website infects your computer with a virus.

Preferred solution: Refund me for the loss.

Comments