2.3
Additional Fees
Privacy and Data Security
Turnaround Time

Update by user Sep 05

Immediately after posting my negative review, I was contacted by a customer support specialist. They apologized and offered to honor my original quote of $285.

All I had to do was re-send them the broken iPad Pro, which they said never should have been returned, with a free label they sent me. (It was addressed to someone in Operations, so I assume this matter is being researched!) As soon as the device was picked up by FedEx, they began processing my payment.

I change my review of this company completely! Sometimes things DO work out and people ARE honorable.

Original review posted by user Aug 18

I have been cheated.

I was given a $285 quote for my 12.9” 128gb 1st Gen iPad Pro by Gazelle.com. It had some small scratches, which lowered the price from $305. I desperately needed the money, so I accepted it.

They sent me a large Gazelle logo’d box with heavy padding on the inside. When packing, I kept the device in its official case, as well as the official cover/keyboard. This was an extra measure to keep it protected. I also included the power brick and cord, as requested.

A week later, I received an email that the device was cracked and heavily scratched and that they’d adjusted the offer to $115. Assuming this was an error or exaggeration, I declined their offer and opted to have the device sent back to me.

I received back a small, unmarked poorly padded box containing my device. The top of the screen looks like someone hit it with a hammer. It was not in this condition when sent in - it is now unusable. Also, they removed the Apple case, keyboard cover, power brick and cord. They did Not return these accessories.

Instead of an expensive item with costly accessories, I now have a broken, useless device and nothing to show for it.

My mistake - trusting a company to treat me fairly. I should have taken a video of myself packaging and sealing the items in their box. One should normally not have to go to such extremes when acting in good faith. This must be why I have now discovered that the company, while advertising as a member of the Better Business Bureau, only has a 2 star rating.

I will tell every person I know, post on every social media site I use and submit every review I can to warn others as to how I was treated and to avoid Gazelle. All I have is my word versus theirs. That should be enough - but apparently in the world today, you cannot expect organizations to be honorable.

Be safe. Do not use Gazelle.com. Don’t let them do to you what they did to me.

-Aaron Kukawski