Gazelle - They offered $200, I sent a perfect iPhone and then got an email that the back was cracked

I got an offer of $200 for my iPhone 5. I accepted the offer and sent them a perfect phone. Today they emailed me that upon inspection the back of the phone was cracked and dropped the offer to $70! WHAT?!!

I sent a perfect phone. I had to go online chat and send these same pix along with the serial number. They say they will get back in two business days. This company is a total ripoff and I feel scammed. How do they get away with this????

Think twice. Take it to best buy or any other competition.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Iphone 5 Sale
Review category
Auctions and Internet Stores
review #538652

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Gazelle? Submit review ›
Helpful? 18 Yes 18 0 No 0
Had the same issue 14 Yes 14
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Jun 22, 2015 #998357 New York, New York

Someone needs to take legal action against Metro PCS to put a stop to the financial abuses against customers .

1 2 Reply

Apr 16, 2015 #972804 Mountain View, California

Wait, you posted your phone to someone prior to receiving payment?

1 0 Reply

Dec 11, 2014 #914417 Toronto, Ontario

Not surprised! Go with android next time! Apple is a scam - feel sorry for all the people brainwashed (as I once was).

3 10 Reply

Dec 16, 2014 #916991

This is a review about Gazelle, not Apple or the iPhone. Are you f0cking r3tarded?

14 5 Reply

May 15, 2015 #984760

no, but you are!

2 8 Reply
stupid me

Sep 27, 2014 #876028

They just emailed me and told me the phone I sent them was a 'lost' or 'stolen' phone! I bought it on ebay. But Verizon activated it! Wouldn't they have known?

3 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.