Gazelle - They offered $200, I sent a perfect iPhone and then got an email that the back was cracked

68 of 110 Gazelle reviews

I got an offer of $200 for my iPhone 5. I accepted the offer and sent them a perfect phone. Today they emailed me that upon inspection the back of the phone was cracked and dropped the offer to $70! WHAT?!!

I sent a perfect phone. I had to go online chat and send these same pix along with the serial number. They say they will get back in two business days. This company is a total ripoff and I feel scammed. How do they get away with this????

Think twice. Take it to best buy or any other competition.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Iphone 5 Sale
Review category
Auctions and Internet Stores
review #538652

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Gazelle? Submit review ›
Helpful? 21 Yes 21 0 No 0
Had the same issue 15 Yes 15
68 of 110 Gazelle reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan
smokepetfree

Nov 30 #1247894 Inkster, Michigan, United States

In my situation, an evaluator was checking 2 phones at the same time and mixed up the condition. They're only supposed to check one device at a time. Did you put enough cushioning in the box when you shipped it to them? Cracks could happen, though scratches wouldn't of. That indicates there was very likely a mix-up. Ask that they prioritize your re-evaluation. Dan Brummert (Senior Manager) was willing to look at my device personally and found it was flawless just as I had stated. I got the full value for my phone. THOUGH WATCH, Gazelle's payment system has errors and you might get the lower value ($70) at first. Then you'll have to contact them again to make it right. That happened to me and other people (I read on reviews). Even as far back as October.

0 0 Reply
smokepetfree

Nov 30 #1247892 Inkster, Michigan, United States

This happened to me a few days ago (with my Samsung Galaxy Edge S6). My problem got resolved because I contacted these two people: Senior Manager of Electronics Processing, Dan Brummert (DBrummert@__________) ... Though Jake Dennehy from Gazelle Customer Care was helpful also (JDennehy@__________). It's too bad we have to bother higher ups to get results. Fill in the blanks with 'gazelle' dot com :)

0 0 Reply
Nlpope

Oct 30 #1233820

Tell them the deals off & to send your phone back to you

1 0 Reply

Jun 22, 2015 #998357 New York, New York, United States

Someone needs to take legal action against Metro PCS to put a stop to the financial abuses against customers .

2 2 Reply
tochiandcoral

Dec 11, 2014 #914417 Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Not surprised! Go with android next time! Apple is a scam - feel sorry for all the people brainwashed (as I once was).

3 11 Reply

Dec 16, 2014 #916991

This is a review about Gazelle, not Apple or the iPhone. Are you f0cking r3tarded?

15 5 Reply

May 15, 2015 #984760

no, but you are!

2 9 Reply
stupid me

Sep 27, 2014 #876028

They just emailed me and told me the phone I sent them was a 'lost' or 'stolen' phone! I bought it on ebay. But Verizon activated it! Wouldn't they have known?

5 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Gazelle. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Gazelle.
Filing a new complaint about
×